KTM Super Duke R 1290
Super Duke R 1290 PC-8R Fuse Panel
The PC-8R accessory fuse box for the KTM
Super Duke R 1290, offer up to 40A capability. Installation
is plug and play and
tailored to the KTM. This kit allows for positioning the
fuse box at the very rear near the tail light, or under the
seat latch brace.
PC-8R Specifications and Features:
- 4 threaded insert nuts provide case mounting and fuse panel installation mounting points
- comes with an assortment of ATM fuses, one for each output circuit and a few extras
- 8 hot + outputs (2 un-switched circuits, 6 switched circuits)
- Switched circuits are turned off when the bike is shut down. An un-switched circuit is always hot - can be used for charging the battery
- 8 ground outputs - much better to ground your auxiliary circuits here than on a bike’s frame
- maximum fuse panel capacity
40 Amps (combination of these limits 30A/20A - switched/un-switched)
- maximum circuit capacity
- maximum output wire size 12 AWG (3 sqmm)
- LP Jcase main fuse &
spare, included in the kit.
- all hardware is stainless steel (except input posts which are tin plated steel)
- black satin polycarbonate cover makes unit splash-proof yet allows it to breathe and stay cool
- cover mounting tabs on each end can be broken off or left on, depending on mounting choice
- simple robust design means no overheating and no problems with vibration.
PC-8R Kit For
the 14-18 KTM SDR 1290
( Includes the power wiring harness,
spare fuses, cable ties and standard velcro )
Note: If you would like to order a PowerLink
version, just send us an email before ordering (
jim1 (at) easternbeaver (dot) com )
Wiring - KTM SDR 1290 $112.95
Duke R 1290 Switching Leads
PC-8R Switching Lead
- positive only
Switching lead for external relay or PC-8R Fuse Box.
Large sheath covers the OEM sheath for a waterproof
seal. Connects to the black/red stripe cable on the
right side of the
rear sub-frame brace.
Switching Lead $3.95
Generic SDR Switching Lead
- positive & GND
Use for relays or other Fuse Boxes as a trigger
source. Blue ( + ) connects to the black/red stripe
and black connects to the brown ( there are two
brows, either will work ) .
Generic Switching Lead $5.95
SDR 1290 Brake/Tail Adapter
Plugs in series with your tail light
connectors and provides access for connecting
brake light modulators.
PC-8R SDR 1290 Installation
- Remove both the rider and pillion seats.
- Remove the battery cover/tray.
- Disconnect the battery negative and tape up the ring
terminal so it does not touch the battery negative.
- Disconnect the battery positive
- The PC-8R as shipped does not have any fuses
installed, so bear in mind there will be no power until
fuses are installed. Do not install fuses
until all wiring and connections are completed.
- Route the PC-8R main power harness down the right
side of the bike, under the seat/sub frame brace.
- Connect the PC-8R positive lead and the battery
positive lead to the battery + terminal..
- Connect the PC-8R ground lead and the battery ground
lead ( remove the tape ) to the battery - terminal.
( take care to make a clean connection to the battery -
terminal to avoid power spikes ).
- Remove the cover from the PC-8R ( do not loose the
- Connect the two positive leads to the PC-8R at J3
position 3 and 4 ( see below image )
Support the 4 position screw terminal with once hand
when tightening and do not over tighten or you may
damage the screw terminal.
- Connect the negative leads to the PC-8R to J3
position 1 and 2
- Connect the switching lead ( blue ) to J4 pin 2
- Route the switching lead parallel to the PC-8R power
harness. Connect the male terminal to the black/red
stripe female terminal
as seen in the below image. The switching lead has a
larger sheath that will effect a water tight seal with
the OEM terminal.
- Install the main 40A fuse ( LP Jcase ). The main
fuse holder will be located near the switching lead
- Turn on the ignition and listen for the PC-8R relay
click. You can alao touch the relay when powering on the
bike to feel the click. Once confirmed
the board is know to be powering up.
- Lastly connect your accessories ( ignition off ) and
mini blade fuses not yet installed.
- Install mini blade fuses last.
- Check that all accessories are powering up and then
reinstall the cover. You can use Velcro of double sided
tape to hold the PC-8R in place.